Seeking proposals to reopen GAC
The Greenbelt Arts Center is looking for plays or other activities to put on as we reopen the theater. We are seeking creative ways to do productions within the restrictions due to COVID.
Among the options we would consider are:
- Productions done outdoors.
- Productions live-streamed from the theater to an Internet audience.
- Small-cast productions.
- Hybrid productions in the theater with both a live and online audience.
- Music performances, play readings, and other non-theatrical productions.
- Low-cost shows.
- Fully virtual performances as we have been doing throughout the pandemic.
- Your idea here!
Auditions, rehearsals and performances will be subject to GAC’s COVID policy, which could change. Currently, the policy requires actors and other participants to wear masks at all times while in the theater.
Proposals should address the need to obtain rights for the use of copyrighted material, and estimate other costs. Although we request an estimate of the costs for the project, the production does not necessarily need to make money. On the other hand, low-cost shows or shows that are in the public domain will allow the greatest flexibility in production.
Directors with works showcasing themes of social justice, or diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility, are strongly encouraged to submit.
In your proposal, please include:
– A description of the production, addressing how it will fit within the COVID rules.
– A brief summary of the script, if appropriate, as well as a link to an electronic copy.
– Estimated costs associated with the production, including rights.
– A timeline for production, including proposed performance dates.
Please submit the above to Pamela Northrup, VP of Programs with your contact information. If you have any questions or would like to discuss an idea that is not yet fully formulated, please feel free to contact us.