GAC’s Phase I Reopening Plan
Purpose of this Policy:
To define the circumstances under which an artistic production could be produced in the GAC space during ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic. The primary goals of this policy are to define expectations of volunteers, production teams, and the patrons of GAC.
We only record the attestation that a person is vaccinated. We trust our theatre teams, we do not demand additional proof beyond their word of their vaccination status. We will use this information only for GAC’s internal purposes.
We regret that those who are ineligible for vaccination cannot participate in GAC productions at the present time and hope that future circumstances will make it possible for everyone to participate safely.
Board Policy Review:
GAC will review this policy monthly and reserves the right to change the policy..
Personal Responsibilities (All people in the facility at any time):
Regardless of your role, if you are uncomfortable with the behavior of others with respect to COVID19 policy or do not feel safe, report your concern immediately to the producer, General Manager, or any GAC Organization authority figure available to you – do not wait. All authority figures must use their best judgment and understanding of the situation to take corrective action to ensure the safety of their team and, as soon as possible to do so, report the concern back to the VP of Administration and VP of Programs.
While the Facility is Closed to the Public
Production Team (Creative, Cast, Crew) or Volunteer Team (i.e. a facility work event) Responsibilities When the Facility is Closed to the Public
- All people entering/exiting the building will sign in and out to support contact tracing activities.
- For activities with a producer, the producer will orchestrate access to the building for their activities. They will collect a vaccination attestation form from all members of the team. This is a requirement for participation in any in-person events in the theatre, to include auditions, rehearsals, set builds, etc.
- All volunteers that will be in the building must submit a completed vaccination attestation and liability waiver before entering. GAC keeps these documents only for the purposes of safety and welfare of GAC’s volunteers and patrons. (See end of this page)
- Anyone who prefers to wear a mask or similar countermeasures is welcome to do so, but that does not change GAC’s vaccination requirement for participation..
- Only those who are essential to the work being done are allowed to enter.
While the facility is open to the public
(1 hour before performances, during performances, during auditions, and until the last audience member exits the building after a performance).
All people entering/exiting the building will sign in and out to support contact tracing activities.
Employees/Non-Performing Volunteers/Audience Responsibilities
- Paper or cloth masks must be worn while in all public areas of the building (i.e. anywhere but the closed dressing and green rooms). If the facility is open, you must wear a mask even if you have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
- GAC will not provide concessions during performances and patrons are encouraged to go outside if they need a snack or beverage. The audience is encouraged to exit the building after a performance, rather than congregating in the lobby.
- Cover mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing or use crook of elbow or sleeve, even when wearing a mask.
- Performers are the only members of the team who will be allowed to be without a mask while on stage or in a private area of the facility (i.e. dressing room or green room).
GAC Board responsibilities:
- The GAC Board reserves the right to cancel/reschedule events in the facility to protect the safety of volunteers and employees
- The GAC BOD will adjudicate COVID-19 policies and has the right to interpret/change COVID-19 policies for the safety of all involved.
- All Producers will be asked by the GAC BOD if there are any obstacles to following the protocols above BEFORE the acceptance of their program. Any deviations from this policy needed should be cleared in advance with the VP of Programs AND the VP of Admin.
Production Team (All members of the team) Attestation Form
Level of GAC Participation: Non-Performer/Performer
I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
I further acknowledge that the Greenbelt Arts Center has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 in accordance with County and CDC guidelines.
I further acknowledge the Greenbelt Arts Center can not guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. I understand and accept that there is risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 through my voluntary participation in any activities associated with the Greenbelt Arts Center, its personnel, agents, resident theater company, performers, other audience members, or anyone else encountered through my participation.
I voluntarily seek services provided by the Greenbelt Arts Center, and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 through my availing myself of such services. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 in all of my dealings with the Greenbelt Arts Center.
I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. If this changes at any time during the production, I will immediately notify a Producer, GAC General Manager, or a GAC authority figure.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non contagious by state or local public health authorities.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I accept the risks and potential risks involved with participation in activities at the Greenbelt Arts Center.
* I have read, understand, and will fully comply with the GAC COVID-19 policy. Failure to comply with this policy may forfeit my opportunities to participate at GAC.
Further, if I am a performer who will be permitted to perform and rehearse without a mask:
I have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 according to CDC guidance and will have waited the recommended amount of time before my first in person-entry of the theatre space.
WAIVER: I hereby release and agree to hold the Greenbelt Arts Center and its resident theater company the Rude Mechanicals (collectively “Service Providers”) harmless from, and waive any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by or a consequence of any act or omission of the Service Providers. I understand that this release discharges the Service Providers from any liability or claim that including but not limited to claims for bodily injury or illness, death, property or consequential damage related in any way to my attendance or participation in any types of events involving the Service Providers.